Here we have a Monster motor shield. This is essentially a ramped up version of our Ardumoto motor driver shield.
This unit uses a pair of VNH2SP30 full-bridge motor drivers with upgraded support circuitry so this board is capable of driving a pair of high-current motors.
The VIN and Motor out are pitched for 5mm screw terminals, but you could also solder the wires directly to the board.
Note: When using this board in extreme high-demand applications it may be necessary to improve thermal performance with a heat-sink or fan and to solder the wires directly to the board instead of using a screw terminal (in addition to the myriad other complications present in a high-current system) However, when using the board at currents up to 6A the chips will barely become noticeably warm.
- Voltage max: 16V
- Maximum current rating: 30 A
- Practical Continuous Current: 14 A
- Current sensing available to Arduino analog pin
- MOSFET on-resistance: 19 mO (per leg)
- Maximum PWM frequency: 20 kHz
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage and Overvoltage shutdown
- 1 x Monster Moto Shield
- 1 x 40 pin header