The Raspberry Pi Camera Board is a custom designed add-on for Raspberry Pi. It attaches to Raspberry Pi by way of one of the small sockets on the board upper surface. This interface uses the dedicated CSi interface, designed especially for interfacing to cameras.
The board itself is tiny, at around 25mm x 20mm x 9mm. It also weighs just over 3g, making it perfect for mobile or other applications where size and weight are important. It connects to Raspberry Pi by way of a short ribbon cable.
The sensor itself has a native resolution of 5 megapixel, and has a fixed focus lens onboard. In terms of still images, the camera is capable of 2592 x 1944 pixel static images, and also supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p60/90 video.
The camera is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system.
- 5 megapixel
- 2592×1944 stills
- 1080p at 30 frames per second
- 720p at 60 frames per second
- 640x480p at 60/90 frames per second
- CSi interface with 150mm ribbon cable
- PCB + Camera module weighs 2.4g, ribbon cable weighs 1.0g
- 1 x Brand new boxed Raspberry Pi Camera
- Raspberry Pi NOT included