This is a waterproofed version of the DS18B20 Temperature sensor. Handy for when you need to measure something far away, or in wet conditions. While the sensor is good up to 125degree the cable is jacketed in PVC so we suggest keeping it under 100degree.
Because these units are digital, you don't get any signal degradation even over long distances! The DS18B20 provides 9 to 12-bit (configurable) temperature readings over a 1-Wire interface, so that only one wire (and ground) needs to be connected from a central microprocessor.
Because each DS18B20 contains a unique silicon serial number, multiple DS18B20s can exist on the same 1-Wire bus. This allows for placing temperature sensors in many different places. Applications where this feature is useful include HVAC environmental controls, sensing temperatures inside buildings, equipment or machinery, and process monitoring and control.
- Usable with 3.0V to 5.5V power/data
- +-0.5degree Accuracy from -10degree to +85 degree
- Usable temperature range: -55 to 125 degree
- 9 to 12 bit selectable resolution
- 1-Wire interface
- Unique 64 bit ID burned into chip
- Multiple sensors can share one pin
- Temperature-limit alarm system
- Query time is less than 750ms
- Stainless steel tube 6mm diameter by 50mm long
- Cable diameter: 4mm
- Length: 100cm