Here we have a 4 x 3 Keypad featuring a total of 12 buttons in matrix form. This is a membrane keypad with no moving parts and a telephone style overlay with 2 additional function buttons.
How it works:
There are 7 pins on the ribbon. Each row and column represents a pin (as pictured below), so in order to read a key press, you would check for current between a particular row and column. Below you will also find links to the latest arduino library and sample code to get it working.
- 7 pin connector
- Adhesive mounting
- Maximum Circuit Rating: 35VDC, 100mA
- Insulation Resistance: 100M Omh, 100V
- Dielectric Withstand: 250VRms (50-60Hz, 1min)
- Life Expectancy: 1 million closures
- Operation Temperature: 0 to +70 centigrade
- Humidity: 40 centigrade, 90%-95%, 240 hours
- Pad Size (L x W): Approx. 3 x 2.7 inch / 76 x 69 mm
- Cable Length: Approx. 3.3 inch / 83 mm
- 1 x New Keypad with 4 x 3 button matrix